Centering You: Foundations in Mindfulness
Wednesdays October 21, 2020 – December 2, 2020
We will not meet on November 25th
7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Are you interested in learning how to manage your stress and build resilience in these challenging times? In this interactive six-week online class you will get a strong foundation in the practice of mindfulness. In these 90-minute sessions, we will dive into:
- a broad range of both formal and informal mindfulness practices and their benefits,
- how you can establish your own meditation practice, and
- how you can integrate mindfulness into your daily life.
Each session will include guided meditations including:
- Mindful eating meditation
- Centering meditation
- Body scan meditation
- Breath awareness meditation
- Sound meditation
- Mindful walking meditation
- Loving-kindness meditation, and
- Exploring unpleasant, neutral, and pleasant sensations Meditation
MINDFUL MOVEMENT (QIGONG)
We will engage in gentle mindful movements from an ancient Chinese tradition, Qigong. Qigong is commonly referred to as moving meditation or Chinese yoga. These movements can be done standing or sitting.
INFORMAL, INTERACTIVE MINDFULNESS PRACTICES
We will also engage in informal mindfulness practices such as:
- Mindful communication
- Mindful listening, and
- Working with resistance
- Mindful eating
You will receive downloadable guided meditations and other resources, including a journal, to support your practice in between classes. You will also receive me as a resource throughout this six-week class.
The class will take place online via the webconferencing platform Zoom.
The cost of this class is $150.
Advance registration is required. Class size will be small. Space is limited.